Friday, November 16, 2012

Something Nice for My Box


Let me say at the outset that I love me some Whitney Otto. I love her so much. But in a good way -- not in a tawdry, dirty, bad, getting into court and made to testify in a divorce sort of way (there is something to be said about learning from our life lessons. But I digress...). Anyway, I have read the entire Otto oeuvre. (How to Make an American Quilt, The Passion Dream Book, A Collection of Beauties at the Height of Their Popularity, and Now You See Her.) I have heard her read her stories, and have heard her speak; besides being one of the great chroniclers of the distaff, she is a fantastic raconteur (I adore any anecdote of hers that begins "and so I got into my little car" -- from whence mayhem quickly and totally ensues.)

 I have just discovered that she has a new novel out! I've just ordered it (I can always trust myself to get myself the perfect gift). And it is with great pleasure that I am anticipating Eight Girls Taking Pictures to pop into my (mail) box any day. I will soon regale you, Gentle Reader, with a review. In the meantime, for those who cannot get enough of La Otto, here are two golden links, one to Otto's web site, which is beyond beautiful http://whitneyotto.com/ and shows what it is possible to do with the medium with the clean, clever, elegant artwork and design, and one to her blog (yummm!) called -- are you ready? Yes? Good. Drum roll, please: My Life As A Liar, Confessions of a Fabulist, http://whitneyotto.tumblr.com/ (oh, and you're welcome, darling!).

No comments:

Post a Comment